Dartford Borough Council
Gen² is helping this North West Kent borough respond to changing demands by providing the professional expertise required to manage its estate.
- Outsource professional estate services to a specialist organisation
- Develop a responsive service that gives the Council access to advice on the full spectrum of property matters
- Source a value for money service backed by local knowledge
Our on-site representative is able to draw on the resources of over 100 property consultants at Gen² HQ for the provision of strategic advice, plus specialist expertise on the full spectrum of property matters.
Gen² is working in-house to provide smarter property management
The Head of Legal Services at Dartford Borough Council selected Gen² from a shortlist of property consultancies to provide a ‘virtual' property and valuation service. We met the brief by proposing a responsive service offering value for money, supported by an established track record in the Kent and South East London areas, including Dartford.
Gen² resources this contract with a professionally qualified chartered surveyor and an experienced technical specialist with comprehensive estates experience relevant to the local authority’s needs. To increase access and further minimise cost we collocate our technical specialist in Dartford Borough Council's offices on a part-time basis. There they provide advice on a wide range of property matters, including:
- valuations (residential, commercial, asset and housing stock)
- acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold property
- residential lease extensions/enfranchisement
- negotiation and preparation of licences to occupy or otherwise use land owned by the Council
- Landlord & Tenant (rent reviews, lease renewals and breaks, service charges)
- wayleaves and easements
- discounted sale valuation approvals and dilapidations